Monday, April 14, 2008

Today's run was full of win!

I had a pretty good morning, a shitty afternoon and an awesome run. I had a little "situation" with my unit that I shouldn't go into, but meh. So all afternoon I was putting off my run, and then finally I just had to go. I was so angry and I had a headache, but I knew I would feel worse if I didn't. So I decided to go to the Soos creek trail and do at least two miles. About 3 minutes into my run it got windy and started raining, but I was already having such a good time. Soos creek is mostly wetlands and all the trees were blooming. It was gorgeous, even with the weather. I ran slow for the first mile, then picked it up the rest of the way, kinda like a tempo run. It felt like if I slowed down, my heart was going to burst out of my chest in the good way. I stopped myself at a little over 5 miles, it was a struggle. I could've gone forever today and I'm kinda sad I didn't. I listened to a lot of coheed. Some alien ant farm and garbage too. I wish every run was this fun. My ankle is a little sore though so I'm gonna ice it for a bit. Kisses and hugs!

No comments: