Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 9th 2008

So tomorrow morning I'm going to do a 3 mile run just to see how the ankle holds up. Hopefully it will be good. Then in the afternoon I have an appointment at Bally. I almost joined curves, but 10% of their profits go to anti-choice organizations and I operate on the Kodos/Kang principle. Bally also has a pool!!! So I'm gonna check that out and keep my fingers crossed that I like it. I also registered for the Airfield run and the half marathon. Even though this has nothing to do with running I had an exciting afternoon...I found a puppy. I took the bus home and just as I was walking through the gate at my apartment complex I heard a truck honking and I turned to see a dog in the middle of the road. So after the truck passed I got the dog to come over to me. It was a sweet little long haired Chihuahua. He was so cute and friendly. So I took him to my vet's, about a block away, to be checked for a microchip. Then I called Neil and he picked me and Binky (named after my pet velociraptor) and we went to the animal shelter. Poor little guy didn't have a collar and wasn't micro chipped. He was super cuddly though. When we turned him over to the shelter, there was a blond girl filling out an application to adopt a dog and she said she was looking for a small dog like that. So I hope he finds his family or another one that loves him. Uber exciting day!

No comments: