K guys...here's the deal. I mapped out two runs for next week to correspond with both training schedules. I don't know what Dad and I are doing seeing as we have drill. If we run from Mom's I already know how we're going to do it, but depending on how things turn out for drill weekend I might just do it on Friday up here in Kent. I mapped out two simple out and backs.
4 miles
- Start across the street from Mom's
- Turn left at Center Dr.
- Continue on Center Dr. until you reach Powerline Dr. (you might want to stay on the left side of Center Dr.)
7 miles
- Start across the street from Mom's and turn Left.
- Follow sidewalk down to where it turns into a bike path.
- Turn around at Hoffman Hill Blvd.
- Run to Center Dr.
- Cross Center Dr. and turn left
- Run until Center Drive ends and turn around
- Finish at Mom's
I think Neil and I are staying down with Mom (if that's cool) so we could do it that weekend but it will be tough. I might even suggest that half training does a 3 mile pace run and the 10k stick to the 4 mile plan. If we do the lesser training we'll all be able to run together. Laura, you can still make it but it's gonna be tough. We have about 6 weeks till the race and if we can get you up to 5 miles by then it shouldn't be bad. I just need to know how far you can run at a time. If you can do a two miler then we're in business. If you can't now then we'll have to just work harder. You can still do it! I talked to Neil and he said he'll coach you on form and how to pace yourself.
Oh yeah and if we do the 3 miler use the route that I posted earlier.
Much Love!
2 comments:
Ok...when and where...wait i only have running shoes...i don't have running clothes yet...sad...uh-oh...
That's cool. The only thing you really need now is a t-shirt, sweat pants and a hoodie. When it gets up to higher temps that's when a good pair of shorts will come in handy. It takes a while to know how your body will respond to running and how to dress for it.
Post a Comment