Monday, March 31, 2008

31 March...Happy 5 months Moni!

I'm glad that all my classes are later so I can run in the morning. My run was kinda meh today. I ran from my apartment complex down 104th ave. The run I usually do around Kent goes from my complex down 240th street. The run down 240th is nice because it goes from the apartment complexes to beautiful suburbia with great views of the cascades. The run this morning...ehhh not so much. I ran down 104th forgetting that I'm not in Germany anymore and rush hour isn't at 9 am in this country. So it was like running behind a giant muffler the entire time. Where I live isn't the prettiest neighborhood but damn. I saw abandoned homes and graffiti everywhere. On part of the run there's this really busy bridge and there's no way to cross the street for 2 blocks. I saw the pedestrian path to cross it...this narrow path, mostly overgrown goes under the bridge. Creepy, I'm happy that I didn't have to cross the street. The sidewalks were overgrown and the whole run was kind of sad and creepy. Lots of houses falling apart and trashed lawns. So I mapped out another run on the route that I like around here. Trial and error I guess. Today was 4.5 miles and tomorrow is an easy 3. I think I'm gonna try to do the 7 miler this weekend. I know I can do fine on the half with skipping the 10 miler if I have to.

No comments: