So if everyone is running on Saturday...then we got two great options. We could go to the trail at Dad's which is marked for mileage or we could run in Dupont which is really runner friendly. I mapped out runs near Mom's that we could use. I mapped 2, 3, 4 and 6 miles. I'm not sure what the weather will be like, but it's the evergreen state so you can bet on rain. I'm suggesting that we run outside no matter what because we're not guaranteed to have nice weather on race day and it's best to know that the rain is easily dealt with. So you should probably dress in layers and have a hat with a visor or sunglasses.
All points start across the street from Mom's house.
2 Mile Run - Turn around point is Center Drive.
3 Mile Run - Left at Center Drive; Turn around point is 1 block past Kincaid St (or Ave)
4 Mile Run - Right at Palisade Blvd; Turn around point is 1 block past Tolmie Ave
6 Mile Run- Cross Palisade Blvd at Kittison St; Left at Haskell St (stay on right side of Haskell)
Right turn on to trail; Follow trail to wilmington; Left on to wilmington;
Run on footpath around state farm; Right onto wilmington; Right on to Center
Drive; Left onto McNeil; Go past Mom's onto bike path; Run on bike path to
Johnson Ave, cross street and finish at Mom's.
Don't forget to take walk breaks! There are water points about every two miles on races so that's a good way to pace yourself. You should also take walk breaks if your breathing is really labored or your legs feel really fatigued. If that little voice in your head starts saying things like "it's too far" or "I just wanna quit" don't listen to it!!! Don't forget to stretch and have fun above all else. See you Saturday. Oh and we need to hash out a time. I'm good after 10 am. Hugs and Kisses!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment